1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Went on a trip down the River Nile looking at temples & pretty birds (& took oodles of photo's)
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any & plan on keeping it that way
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, friend in Egypt had a bouncing baby boy
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Unfortunately a good friend of mine passed away suddenly.
5. What countries did you visit?
Egypt & England
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More money so I can buy shiny things
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
3rd July - first encounter with a whale shark
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finally seeing a whale shark & progressing with my photography
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major this year thankfully
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My shark tattoo
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My friends as always
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The arseholes who have no respect for marine life
14. Where did most of your money go?
paying off debts
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Metallica - The Day That Never Comes
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Maybe a little sadder but that will soon be fixed with any luck
b) thinner or fatter?
About the same
c) richer or poorer?
poorer as I've not worked for 2 months
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Having less time out the water due to my ears would have been good
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Was spent in the hospital A&E with Mum, not ideal
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
The Loncoln Ryhme books by Jeffery Deaver
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Not sure that there was any :S
27. What did you want and get?
To do lots of diving & take lots of photo#s
28. What did you want and not get?
To see friends & a new job
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Unfortunately I had to work as there were lots of little brats that wanted to dive, not good after celebrating my 30th the night before in the pub.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To have had a job when I got back to the UK & to do some more diver training.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
33. What kept you sane?
Alcohol, diving, & friends
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Johnny Depp, Billie Joe Armstrong
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
bit out of touch with the UK politics.
36. Who did you miss?
My friends when they weren’t around
37. Who was the best new person you met?
colleagues at work
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Life's too short (knew this already it just became more real this year)